Who Jack works with
Jack works with a broad variety of companies, business owners, builders, contractors, and individuals, including: –
- Those that have suffered loss or damage through the carelessness of others, in professional negligence claims against Lawyers, Accountants and other professionals;
- Parties to contract disputes, in relation to issues including the existence and enforceability of contracts, breaches of contract, repudiation, contractual interpretation and damages;
- Principals, builders, subcontractors and homeowners in relation to:
- Contract disputes, administration and interpretation;
- The recovery of progress claims, the service of Payment Claims and Payment Schedules and Adjudication Applications under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 1999 (NSW); and
- The enforcement of statutory warranties under the Home Building Act 1989 (NSW);
- Employers and employees in relation to unfair dismissal and general protections claims in the Fair Work Commission;
- Employers and employees in relation to their workplace rights and obligations, including drafting Employment Agreements, workplace relations, the enforcement of restraints of trade, redundancy and employees’ workplace rights;
- Liquidators and private and corporate clients in various insolvency-related proceedings including in relation to unfair preferences and other voidable transactions, and public examinations;
- Company directors in relation to their duties as directors, and potential personal liability for breaches of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) (including their involvement in breaches of duties by others);
- Individuals and eligible corporations in claims for defamation and injurious falsehood respectively;
- Commercial clients, advising on terms of trade, supply contracts and various commercial transactions.
Jack seeks to give advice that is considered, strategic and realistic, and which takes into account his clients’ broader interests, to ensure that disputes are either prevented, or managed cost effectively as they arise.
Jack is committed to ensuring his clients feel supported throughout the course of their dispute by explaining legal concepts and procedural issues to clients in simple terms, to allow them to make considered and informed decisions.
Jack has a background in engineering and motorsport and is able to quickly understand both technical and legal issues at the heart of a matter. His attention to detail and thorough forensic approach enables him to secure the best possible outcome for each client.