Contracts for residential building work must comply strictly with the Home Building Act 1989 (NSW), incorporate important statutory warranties and are subject to statutory licensing and insurance requirements.
Our expert Home Building Lawyers have extensive experience assisting Builders and Home Owners to negotiate and perform complying residential building contracts.
We regularly deal with Housing Industry of Australia (HIA) and Masters Building Association (MBA) standard from contracts and Special Conditions.
How We Help
We help clients understand and make effective Home Building Contracts whatever the value of the project including by:
- Preparing standard form Residential Building Contracts and Special Conditions for Builders,
- Drafting Subcontracts and Preferred Subcontractor Agreements for Builders,
- Drafting standard form contract documents and Terms & Conditions of Trade for Subcontractors and Suppliers,
- Advising Builders and Home Owners in relation to Statutory Warranties and compliance with the Home Building Act,
- Contract reviews and advice for Home Owners,
- Recommending and negotiating contract amendments,
- Negotiating and documenting Contract Variations, and
- Advice in relation to contract performance issues, variations and delays.